Venue — Dept. of Computer Science, AGH University of Science and Technology
ul. Kawiory 21,
- by public transport: The nearest rail station is New Cross Gate , served by London Overground and by Southern Railways. Other nearby public transport stations are: New Cross (London Overground); Deptford Bridge (Docklands Light Railway); and local bus stops (bus lines 21, 36, 53, 136, 171, 172, 177, 225, 321, 343, 436, 453).
- from international connections:
- Gatwick airport: take a mainline train to East Croydon, and change there to another mainline train stopping at New Cross Gate (around 45 minutes).
- City airport: take the Docklands Light Railway to Canning Town, then the Jubilee line to Canada Water, then the London Overground to New Cross Gate (around 45 minutes).
- Heathrow airport: take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then the Bakerloo line to Baker Street, then the Jubilee line to Canada Water, then the London Overground to New Cross Gate (around 70 minutes).
- Stansted airport: take the mainline train to Tottenham Hale, then the Victoria line to Highbury & Islington, then the London Overground to New Cross Gate (around 90 minutes).
- Kings Cross St Pancras: take the Hammersmith and City line to Whitechapel, then the London Overground to New Cross Gate (around 30 minutes).
- from central parts of the city: the main railway station connected to New Cross Gate is London Bridge; if the London Overground is not easy to reach from your location, it may be better to travel to London Bridge and take a Southern train to New Cross Gate; a number of the buses going to Goldsmiths can also be taken from London Bridge bus station.
Where to stay
Please use "ELS-KRAKOW-2016" code to get the discount.
- Hostel Olimp and Hostel Strumyk - 2 modern Hostels at the AGH Campus, single room 75zł, double room 99zł
- Hotel Polonez*** - 10% discount - single room 189zł, double room 261zł
- Art Garden Residence - 50zł discount - double room around 400-450zł
- Hotel Excelsior Boutique - with discount, single room 350 zł, double room 380zł (both with breakfast)
- Fortuna Bis *** - with discount, single room 205 zł, double room 235 zł (both with breakfast)
- Ibis Budget* - with discount, single room 146zł, double room 161zł (both with breakfast)
- Ibis Kraków Centrum *** - with discount, single room 249zł, double room 261zł (both with breakfast)
- Novotel Kraków City West **** - with discount, single room 270zł, double room 300zł (both with breakfast, reservation via H3407firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday excursion to the Wieliczka Salt Mines (tentative)
We plan to organize an excursion to this incredible site on Sunday. Departure would be late morning. Cost would be around 20€, including bus trip. If you are interested, tell us by checking the appropriate box on the registration page!
"Magnificent chambers chiselled out in rock salt. Amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions and unique statues sculpted in salt. Almost 3 kilometres of meandering corridors, 800 steps to climb of which 350 have to be descended to reach the depth of 135 meters underground. Thus it is no surprise that till now, the Tourist Route, the main visiting route of the mine has been visited by 40,000,000 tourists from around the whole world in search of adventures."
More information here .